Tournament Operations and LPGA HQ Sales and Market: Sales & Marketing Management
Sales Coordinator 2017 Solheim Cup - Ladies Professional Golf Association (West Des Moines, IA)
This position is responsible for cultivating and closing corporate partnerships for the 2017 Solheim Cup, through grass roots marketing and local promotions in advance of the tournament. This support position is the contact/liaison between the sales team and internal departments impacting sales function. Primary targets will include local and regional companies. Specifically, the role will sell packages and benefits tailored to individual partner’s objectives and priorities. This role will provide assistance with all aspects of the sales process from lead generation, proposal development, contract negotiations and fulfillment of partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work closely with the Solheim Cup staff sales team to identify and generate qualified leads and meetings through research, outreach, cold calling, grass roots marketing efforts and existing local market relationships. Attend local and regional business mixers and expos to generate new business relationships
- Create and present customized presentations and sales materials based on specific client goals and objectives
- Assist with sponsor relationships including interaction with clients, their agencies and vendors for development and implementation of their event marketing and promotional activities
- Assist with sales revenue projections and provide weekly activity log and updates. Maintain timely and accurate records detailing sales performance, appointment recaps, account management and prospecting activities
- Assist with host site or volunteer functions in advance to promote the event to sponsors and prospects (i.e.: outings or meetings)
- At the direction of the Tournament Director, serve as the point-person for a sponsor fulfillment program include collecting advertising elements and managing disbursement of tickets and credentials for tournament sponsors
- Partner with internal departments (T&CP, DFT, Partnership Services, Marketing, Tournament Business Affairs, TV and New Media, Finance, etc) to facilitate the fulfillment of sponsorship programs
- Provide administrative assistance such as making travel arrangements, phone coverage etc. Reacts to change productively and handles other special projects and assignments as assigned.
- Be knowledgeable and continually updated on LPGA’s competitive environment
Minimum Qualifications/Skill Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Marketing or Business preferred
· Working knowledge of sports sponsorship/sales industry. Experience in golf a plus
· Knowledge of Scarborough or other research tools a plus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
· Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills are a must
· Strong initiative and ability to manage priorities and deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy
· Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, mobile environment, including overnight travel.
· Office located at Des Moines Golf and Country Club in West Des Moines, IA