Internships: Any Internship
2015 Summer Internship Program - Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) (Daytona Beach, FL)
In 1991, the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) inaugurated the LPGA Internship Program, providing several intern positions throughout the year to college students. This program has been designed to enable the student interns to develop the skills and knowledge needed for a successful career in the sports industry.
About the LPGA:
Dedicated to the worldwide promotion and advancement of women’s golf, the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) is a non-profit organization involved in every facet of golf. The LPGA is the world’s leading professional golf organization for women. Founded in 1950, the association celebrates a diverse and storied membership with more than 1,700 members representing 29 different countries. With a vision to inspire, empower, educate and entertain by showcasing the very best of women’s golf, LPGA Tour Professionals compete across the globe, while dedicated LPGA Teaching and Club Professionals (T&CP) directly impact the game through teaching, coaching and management. The Symetra Tour consistently produces a pipeline of talent ready for the world stage. The LPGA is headquartered in beautiful Daytona Beach, Florida. Follow the LPGA on its television home, Golf Channel, and on the web via: www.LPGA.com, www.facebook.com/lpga.official, www.twitter.com/lpga, and www.youtube.com/lpgavideo.
The specific internship requirements will vary from position to position. However, the following criteria will apply for all positions:
- Applicants must be enrolled in or have completed their junior year in an accredited college or university
- Applicants must currently be an undergraduate or graduate student in good standing, both academically and otherwise
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or better
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States
Interns will be paid on an hourly basis at a rate of $10 per hour.
A variety of internship positions are available providing the student hands-on experience in selected departments or areas of the LPGA. Internships will be available on either a part-time (20 hours/week) or full-time (40 hours/week) basis, depending upon position. Our Summer Internship Program will run from June 1 – August 14.
*Dates are flexible based on school schedules and business needs.
- Corporate Partnerships
- Symetra Tour Operations
- Digital Media/LPGA.com/TV Broadcast Services
- Teaching & Club Professional/Girl’s Golf Program
- Tournament Operations
To begin the application process, click Apply Now below and complete the LPGA Internship Application. Be sure to upload your formatted resume as a Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) document for review. Applicants will be asked to answer the following questions:
1. Of the department choices listed, please number in order of preference the top three departments.
2. Would you be able to relocate to the Daytona Beach area for your internship? We do not arrange housing.
3. Will you have reliable transportation to and from work? We do not arrange transportation.
Application deadline: Friday, April 24, 2015.
We look forward to receiving your application! Come see why it’s different IN here!