Internships: Any Internship
2014 Summer Internship - Ladies Professional Golf Association (Daytona Beach, FL)
In 1991 The Ladies Professional Golf Association inaugurated the LPGA Internship Program, providing several intern positions throughout the year to college students. This program has been designed to enable the student interns to develop the skills and knowledge needed to enter the job market.
About the LPGA (Ladies Professional Golf Association)
The LPGA is the world’s leading professional golf organization for women. Founded in 1950, the association celebrates a diverse and storied membership with more than 2,300 members representing more than 30 different countries. With a Vision to inspire, empower, educate and entertain by showcasing the very best of women’s golf, LPGA Tour Professionals compete across the globe, while dedicated LPGA Teaching and Club Professionals (T&CP) directly impact the game through teaching, coaching and management. The Symetra Tour consistently produces a pipeline of talent ready for the world stage. The LPGA is headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida. Follow the LPGA on its television home, Golf Channel, and on the web via: www.LPGA.com, www.facebook.com/lpga.official, www.twitter.com/lpga, and www.youtube.com/lpgavideo.Dedicated to the worldwide promotion and advancement of women’s golf, the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) is a non-profit organization involved in every facet of golf.
The specific internship requirements will vary from position to position. However, the following criteria will apply for all positions:
• Applicants must be enrolled in or have completed their junior year in an accredited college or university
• Applicants must currently be an undergraduate or graduate student in good standing, both academically and otherwise
• Applicants must have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or better
• Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States
Compensation for internships is restricted to credit hours received from the respective college/university and in some cases a small stipend; general employee benefits will not be available under the internship program.
A variety of internship positions are available providing the student hands-on experience in selected departments or areas of the LPGA. Internships will be available on either a part-time (20 hours/week) or full-time (40 hours/week) basis, depending upon position.
• Corporate Partnerships
• Creative Services Group
• Girl’s Golf Program
• Human Resources
• Information Technology
• LPGA Symetra Tour (Developmental Tour)
• Teaching & Club Professional
• The LPGA Foundation
• Tournament Operations
• TV Broadcast Services
The internship program is designed to facilitate a learning experience for students; however, the LPGA is under no obligation to offer full-time employment to the student prior to or after graduation. Likewise, the student is under no obligation to the LPGA after completion of the prescribed work period for the internship.
1. Complete the LPGA Internship Application, including required attachments.
2. Application deadlines are:
Spring: October 31st
Summer: February 28th
Fall: June 30th
3. The LPGA will subsequently review all applications relative to available internship openings and respond to accepted applicants accordingly.